The Foot Gym features 7 foot and ankle exercises in one device and is ideal for preventative and rehabilitation therapy for common foot conditions such as Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis, heel pain, shin splints, and more. The resistance bands are meant to be used with your toes and the massage roller is to be used with the arch of your foot. The angled structure of the device is designed to help stretch calf muscles, the Achilles tendon, and the Plantar Fascia.
7 Exercises in One Device:
- Toe curl (Muscles worked: Flexor Hallucis Longus, Flexor Digitorum Longus, MTP Joints)
- Toe extension (Muscles worked: Extensor Hallucis Longus, Extensor Digitorum Longus, Adductor Hallucis, Abductor Hallucis)
- Dorsiflexion (Muscles worked: Tibialis Anterior, Extensor Digitorum Longus, Fibularis (Peroneus), Tertius, Extensor Hallucis Longus)
- Plantar Fascia stretch (Ligament stretched: Plantar Fascia, Achilles Tendon)
- Cold/hot massage (Areas massaged: Medial Longitudinal Arch, Lateral Longitudinal Arch, Traverse Arch)
- Calf raise (Muscles worked: Gastrocnemius, Soleus, Flexor Digitorum Longus, Flexor Hallucis Longus, Peroneus Brevis, Peroneus Longus, Tibialis Posterior)
- Calf stretch (Muscles worked: Gastrocnemius, Soleus)
- Massage roller with cold and hot foot therapy —simply fill with warm or cold water (can even be placed in freezer)
- Slanted board provides stretching of Plantar Fascia, Achilles tendon, and calf
- Antimicrobial EVA pad on slant board
- Can be used while sitting or standing
- Pain relief: foot injuries, plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, heel pain
ORoller Heat Therapy Directions:
- Fill roller 3/4 (75%) full with warm tap water and replace stopper firmly
- For additional warmth, immerse in heated water
- Do not microwave
ORoller Cool Therapy Directions:
- Fill roller 3/4 (75%) full with tap water and replace stopper firmly
- Place roller in freezer until cooled or frozen (approximately 2 hours)
- Works best when partially full
- Do not overfill
Resistance Band Directions:
- Place band in holder (see photos)
- Angle the bands in the holder based on the slant of your toes (For example: for your right foot, place the left end of the band in the top left holder and the right end of the band in the middle holder)
Resistance Bands for Rehabilitation/Strength Levels:
- Red band: firm resistance
- Green band: moderate resistance
- Yellow band: light resistance
- Do not use on open sores or wounds.
- If you experience pain while using the Foot Gym, stop usage and consult a physician or trainer.
- If the heated roller is too hot for comfort, allow some time to cool.